Wrexham Council homepage


Frequently Asked Questions - Adult Social Care

What services do Social Services Provide?

The Adult Social Care Department provides or arranges services for older people & for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or a mental illness. We also provide services for people who have problems with alcohol or drugs, or people affected by HIV as well as those with sensory impairments. We also support Carers and provide other services for people within local communities.

Our Work Includes

Helping older people and people with disabilities to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Helping people with care and support in their own homes, or with day services; or in residential/nursing homes where they can receive extra support, & supporting carers with a range of services; including helping them take a break from caring.

Our Responsibilities To You

  • To tell you what services are available and who is entitled to receive them.
  • To endeavour to respond to your initial request within one working day.
  • If required, to carry out an assessment of your needs. We will endeavour to do this as quickly as possible depending on the urgency of your situation. When services are not provided, we will explain why we cannot help and advise you where help may be obtained.
  • When services are provided, we will draw up a care plan, a copy of which will be given to you, informing you when services will start. We will endeavour to review these every 12 months to make sure they are still meeting your needs.
  • While services are being provided you will have a named member of staff to contact for any queries you may have.
  • If you disagree with your assessment or care plan, you will be able to have this looked at again using our complaints procedure.
  • To value your rights to confidentiality.
  • To treat everyone fairly regardless of race, gender, sexuality and disability by ensuring all needs are properly taken into account.

You can visit our offices for information and advice.