The following learning resources are for private study and research. If you wish to re-use the content in a publication, whether on paper or on-line, please acknowledge Wrexham Heritage Service.
Lancelot the Lion, one of a series of illustrations drawn by Carl Parry, Bark Design, for the school workbook about Holt Castle produced by Wrexham Heritage Service. Lancelot is named after one of the 16th century constables of Holt Castle.
School workshops, half day and full day – to arrange a site visit and associated workshop at Wrexham Museum, please contact the Learning and Access Officer on 01978 297 460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introductory leaflet about the Romans in Holt - PDF format 22Kb
- Illustrated history map of Roman Holt (draft version) - PDF format 1Mb
- Introductory leaflet on the history of Holt village - PDF format 4.8Mb
- Illustrated history map of Holt (draft version) - PNG format 822Kb
- Plan of Medieval Holt, for school pupils and teachers - PNG format 60Kb
- Plan of Medieval Holt, for school pupils and teachers (landscape) - PNG format 63Kb
- Information panels about Holt Castle, 2015 - PDF format 3.3Mb
- Plan of Holt Castle, for school pupils and teachers - PDF format 2.9Mb
- Plan of Holt Castle, for school pupils and teachers (landscape) - PDF format 3Mb
- Lancelot the Lion, bearing the arms of John de Warenne, first lord of Bromfield and Yale and founder of Holt Castle. Drawn by Carl Parry, Bark Design, for Wrexham Heritage Service - PDF format 3.1Mb