Nice to Meet You!
Whether you are a regular or it’s your first time, we will be pleased to see you and we want you to enjoy your visit.
There’s plenty to see in your new museum:
- A new family friendly gallery offering you the chance to see the museum collections, enjoy the stories they tell and watch the area’s heritage brought to life on film
- A new gallery to showcase national collections from around Wales
- A glazed extension providing space for a welcoming reception area, museum shop and the Bwtri – our stylish new museum café
Pressed for time? Or perhaps it will be your first visit to Wrexham County Borough Museum & Archives?
These are our top tips for families:
- Meet Brymbo Man face to face
- Follow your nose through the streets of Victorian Wrexham
- Rebuild a medieval castle from its ruins
- Seek out the latest weird and wonderful artefact in the Curiosity Case
- Take a break in the Bwtri with some excellent Welsh food and drink
These are our six suggestions for adults:
- Listen to the news of Brymbo Man’s discovery before meeting him face to face
- Take part in the Dating Game. Don’t be embarrassed if you don’t know all the answers!
- Admire the skill of Bronze Age smiths who made the Rossett Hoard
- Watch a film in the Hippodrome. No ticket required!
- Dip into life in Victorian Wrexham by reading the Borough Reporter. The 21st century is a dull place in comparison!
- Relax in the Bwtri, the museum coffee shop, and watch the world go past from the most historic venue in town!