The Federation of Disability Sport Wales is a national organisation which aims to promote and develop opportunities for disabled people to participate in sport; with their vision stating ‘To Transform Lives through the Power of Sport’.
- Disability Sport Wales Development Officer
- DASH Card
- Disability Sport Provision in Wrexham
- Disability Inclusion Training
- Volunteering in Disability Sport
Disability Sport Wales missions:
- Every Disabled Person Hooked on Sport for Life
- Creating a Nation of Champions
The Disability Sport Wales National Development Programme is a joint initiative between the Sports Council for Wales, the Federation of Disability Sport Wales and the 22 local authorities across Wales.
Disability Sport Wales aims to:
- Create new clubs and give professional advice and support to improve existing clubs
- Increase the number of disabled people who actively participate in sports clubs, group and sessions
- Improve the quality and number of coaches and volunteers within disability sport through education and other systems
- Create new and further develop existing opportunities for disabled people to compete in sport at local, regional and national level
- Work closely with the Federation’s National Performance Manager ensuring that individuals with potential are given the opportunity to train, and where appropriate, compete to the highest standards.